Schedule Correction Policy
Schedule Correction Process from Administration
We make staffing decisions for almost 2,300 students based on course requests. We cannot allow students to change their courses in the fall and staff the building effectively. No changes to course requests will be made after the submission of course requests unless the change meets the requirements of BOE Policy/Regulation IG-RA: Selection and Changing of Courses (see criteria below).
Counselors have made every effort to ensure that students are enrolled in the classes that meet graduation requirements and align with the requests made during course selection in February and the Course Verification process in April.
Schedule corrections can be made within the first 10 days of the semester if one of the criteria listed below is met. Requests must be made in PowerSchool under the "Forms" section titled "Request to change a course-high school". Administration will review your request and send a decision through PowerSchool.
The reasons for which a student’s schedule would be corrected are:
1. Adding courses for seniors who need a specific course to meet graduation requirements.
2. Correcting courses for sequential order.
3. Inserting courses to deal with failures from previous school year or semester.
4. Deleting courses previously taken and passed (earned credit).
5. Adding new courses to replace those made up in summer school.
6. Adding academic subjects recommended by college or employer (must be certified in writing by the
college or employer).
7. Correcting courses for health reasons (must be certified in writing by a physician).
8. Changing courses as a result of a course correction in another subject.
9. Changing courses as a result of teacher recommendation.
10. Increasing the rigor of program (this option only applies if there are seats in a class).